Sunday 27 January 2013

WSS: Beneath the Lily Banners 2nd Game

Here are a few photos from a solo game of Beneath the Lily Banners I played last week:


The game began with the French defending and the Allied forces attacking.  The French decided to use their cavalry on the right wing to sweep away the Allied horse.


Unfortunately, due partly to the classification of the horse (blade vs bullet) and some rather awful dice rolling the French horse came off rather badly.



The British advanced and poured musket fire into the French front rank and whilst the French charged forward to try to break the Allies they were unsuccessful and the melee saw the French front line collapse with the Allies having sufficient reinforcements to take advantage.

I managed to identify and correct some of the things I wasn't playing quite right in the previous game (mostly allowing morale modifiers incorrectly).   I am getting the hang of the rules now but I'm not yet convinced they'll be the rules of choice for this period for me.  For two player games I'm still more interested by Maurice and I'd like to try out another set for multiplayer as a comparison.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are picking a good head of steam with this period Al

    Are you going to take them for a run out at the Exiles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about that- I've not been getting down there much lately. I do have another two rule sets to test though.

      Delete