Monday 14 March 2022

Counterattack at Deir el Tarfa

I suddenly realised that I hadn't posted my first game of Rommel at the club.

We tried the sample scenario from the rules (which is also available for download from the Honor website).  The scenario is set in North Africa in the summer of 1942 and represents the attack of 21st Panzer and elements of the Littorio division on elements of the 22nd and 23rd armoured brigades.

Given the overall scale of the engagements Rommel is designed to cover I decided to do this in 3mm using the Oddzial Osmy miniatures available via Magister Militum.

Here are a couple of photos from the game:





With its use of a grid and the "Command Posts" I suspect Rommel isn't going to work for everyone; however, I think they give an interesting and challenging game.  So I will be expanding my collection to do more North Africa scenarios and am looking at the Eastern Front too.

2 comments: