Tuesday 21 April 2020

First Play: Battlestar Galactica - Starship Battles


Having a rather large collection of Star Wars: X-Wing miniatures already I was a little hesitant about buying another SF game based on the same DNA (i.e. Wings of War).  But since I really enjoyed the latest TV version I thought what the hell and picked up the starter set for Battlestar Galactica - Starship Battles from Ares Games.

Here are a few photos from our first game:





Whilst it shares some similarities to X-Wing BSG plays sufficiently differently to justify owning both in my opinion.  The representation of inertia in particular is a great addition and allows the game to have a very different feel to X-Wing.

The models are also very well done with the detailing being incredibly good despite being difficult to even see using the naked eye (or perhaps I am just getting old!):


5 comments:

  1. Now that is attention to detail, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! What a great series that was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It certainly was and the game brings that back!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I must admit I have been impressed with the quality of the models

      Delete