Monday 29 October 2007

The Savage World of Solomon Kane

I just picked up a copy of the Savage World of Solomon Kane from Orcs Nest. It's the latest Savage Worlds book and it's a beauty. The book comes in hardback, with glossy pages and lots of illustrations. It provides both the Solomon Kane background, the Savage Worlds rules, details of the Kane's world and a plot point campaign.

I really enjoyed Robert E. Howard's The Savage Tales of Solomon Kane and this book allows you to bring it to both the RPG and tabletop world with the Savage Worlds rules.

Of course now I need a figure for Kane himself...

2 comments:

  1. Hello there. I just came across your blog while I was googling for some info on the Solomon Kane rpg. I'm a fellow fan of military history, board games, and rpg's. I saw your previous post about the Quebec game. I've never played that but 1812 is one of my favorite low complexity war games. Definitley check it out if you get the chance. Anyways, you've been added to my favorites so I'll be back. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wulfgar - I too like Quebec 1812 but, unfortunately, my other half thought it was to "thinky" which combined with it being a wargame meant I don't get to play it at home. Fortunately I do get a few hybrid games to the table (like Shogun and Antike) but they're more euro than wargame-like. Al

    ReplyDelete