Thursday 7 January 2010

Wargames Weekend - Replanning

As a result of snagging a copy of the Wargames Foundry Armies of the Sixteenth Century: The Armies of England, Scotland, Ireland, the United Provinces and the Spanish Netherlands 1487-1609, my Tudor Ireland project has been given new inspiration.

So I've got my Vendel and Graven Images figures back out onto the workbench and decided to drop my proposed 15mm WW2 Spearhead game in favour of a 28mm game using a suitably modified version of Two Hour Wargames' Colonial Adventures rules. This may seem a little bit of an odd choice but the "scale" of rules seems right and I want to model the typical English column being harassed by more irregular Irish troops. I think that, with appropriate amendments to deal with arquebus and formed pike, the core mechanics should work pretty well. In any case we'll find out in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime I may get a chance to take and post some pictures of the figures as I finish them.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like a bit of lateral inspiration

    That's how I ended up doing 1/3000 Pacific this year ;)

    Sounds good fun and your favourite scale to boot :)

    Looking more to the thought of your pictures than more snow!

    ReplyDelete