Wednesday 7 April 2021

All Quiet on the Blogging Front

It will not have escaped your notice that my posts have been somewhat sporadic of late.  I must admit that I have found the lockdown somewhat challenging.  I have been able to continue my day job working from home but all my main gaming opportunities have been absent.  This has had two real effects, firstly, the absence of actual gaming has removed the impetus for me to progress and complete projects; and secondly, the lack of buzz and banter the accompanies playing face to face has sapped my motivation.  But with the vaccine roll-out and the potential for the restrictions to be lifted to allow some gaming in the summer, I am feeling somewhat more positive and trying to plan out what games I would like to be able to put on (plus what work I need to do to enable that to happen!).

Things on the agenda include:

  • 28mm WW2 - Poland 1939, Norway 1940 and Operation Sealion - all using Chain of Command
  • 15mm WW2 - a trial of the new O Group rules using my early war figures
  • 3mm WW2 - a trial of the Rommel rules
  • 28mm Sudan - the siege of Khartoum (not quite sure which rules I will be using for this one)
  • 15mm Mexican Adventure - a trial of the Zouave II rules
  • 28mm Old West - a trial of A Fistful of Lead
  • 28mm Vikings - a trial of the Blood Eagle rules
  • 28mm Pulp - the China Station campaign using Pulp Alley
  • 28mm WW1 - a late war scenario to trial of the Blood & Valor (sic) rules
  • 15mm WW1 - further Eastern Front scenarios using Battles with Brusilov

As you may have guessed these need some painting and basing work to be done to make them happen so I just need to keep the focus and motivation up to get them ready.

I have no doubt I will get distracted before I get all of these to the table but I think it gives me plenty to be getting on with (and hopefully some material for some more blog posts!)


 

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. The lack of gaming due to lockdown has a major impact on the hobby time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The potential for some actual face to face gaming in the not too distant future has certainly help my motivation but I have quite the backlog of game ideas to get to the table now!

      Delete
  2. You're not alone! I too and many others have struggled to find motivation to do painting etc as without deadlines of games, it's hard to get going. Let's hope things all go to plan and we can get FtF games back again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it's not too far away and the potential at least is certainly helping - of course best not to count our chickens...

      Delete
  3. A good list Al, I guess we all need some face to face gaming to get the juices flowing. Zoom calls just don't cut it for me.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete