Monday 20 May 2013

Rearguard at Pevensey

The final game of our wargaming weekend was another outing for the I Ain't Been Shot Mum from the TooFatLardies.  I picked a scenario from the old Operation Sealion book and Lenin and I reprised our usual roles.

The Home Guard (Lenin) are defending the edge of Pevensey when the Blitzkrieg hoves into view.  Their task is to hold up the Germans until the regulars can come to the rescue.

My German infantry came onto the board and straight into a crossfire from the town and the train halt.  After having taken a few casualties I managed to get my machine guns deployed and concentrated some fire into the town which quickly put paid to the first Home Guard unit.

It was then an interesting exercise in FIBUA with the Home Guard slowing up my advance whilst their reinforcements advanced across the table.  Here are some pictures of the game:




 

I have to say that if I were playing this one again I would move the town into the centre of the table as we really didn't use the top half of the table which was a bit of a waste.

10 comments:

  1. I understand. That happens to me. You set up the table and how it is used is very different than how you conceptualized it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would have minded less if I had designed the scenario but this one came out of the book. I know you often end up playing on the most inaccessible 2 square feet of the table but in this case only using the end of the board was pretty much inevitable given the objectives.

      Delete
  2. Great looking table Al and by my reckoning my town should be just across the railway tracks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. Looks like the Home Guard managed to keep Jerry from your door then!

      Delete
  3. Great set-up mate. I've got a load of those 4Ground buildings as well and they really look the part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee. I've been really pleased with the 4Ground buildings - I picked up a couple more at Salute so I'll be putting those together over the next couple of weeks.

      Delete