Sunday 26 May 2013

Covenanters - Advancing

As I mentioned in my project update, I have been continuing (albeit slowly) with my Montrose project. Here is my first Covenanter foot unit:





As with my Royalist units the figures are from Redoubt Enterprises and the flag is from Project Auldearn 1645 (which I would highly recommend visiting if you are at all interested in this period!).

More to follow as I finish the Covenanter infantry and then it will be onto the horse, artillery and the officers.

4 comments:

  1. They are stunning Al, that purple really jumps out, but at the same time holds the unit together perfectly - inspired work Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, coming from you that's praise indeed!

      Delete
  2. Great looking unit, I do love the blue bonnets on covenanters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James, I've always thought blue bonnets were traditional - althought I've never been too sure how historical.

      Delete