Sunday 2 March 2014

WSS: Ross' (Irish) Dragoons

Moving back to my War of Spanish Succession project, my next unit is a squadron of British dragoons from Ross' Regiment of Dragoons which subsequently became the Royal Dragoons of Ireland.

Originally raised in 1689 as Wynne's Regiment of Dragoons, they fought at the Battle of the Boyne and the Battle of Aughrim under William III.  On Wynne's death in 1695, Charles Ross (who had served with the Regiment in Ireland) was appointed its Colonel.  The regiment went on to fight in the War of the Spanish Succession at the Battles of Blenheim, Ramillies, Oudenarde and Malplaquet.








The figures are from Black Hat, the flags are from Warflag and, as with my other War of Spanish Succession figures they were painted by my friend Roger and based up by me.

4 comments: