Saturday 1 March 2014

The Mutiny: A Flag for the 53rd

In another little break between basing figures for the War of Spanish Succession, I decided to add a flag to the 53rd (Shropshire) Regiment of Foot I have for the Indian Mutiny:



You have seen the figures before and, as with the majority of the Mutiny collection they are from Mutineer Miniatures.  The flag is from Flags of War (and, yes, technically its correct for the Napoleonic wars but I think it works) - it looks a bit brighter in the photo than in reality - largely as I was using a flash (yes, I know I shouldn't) as the lighting in the games room was hopeless today.

9 comments:

  1. Really nice painting there sir! - Like the Indian mutiny as period to wargame and the figures and terrain can be fantastic- keep up the great work !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words - I'll let my friend Roger, who painted them, know. I am slowly building up my collection of figures and terrain and have a few more books to read on the period plus some rule sets to try out. So there will be more on the Mutiny to come.

      Delete
  2. Nice :) Great choice of Regiment too, an old friend of our family was in the KSLI...back in the day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike. I picked the 53rd due to their part in the relief of Lucknow. Always nice to have a connection to a unit but in this case I'm not as lucky as you (as far as I am aware).

      Delete
  3. Heh, my grandad started off in the KSLI in WW1.
    These are smashing figures and I love the paintjob - bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to have a connection like that. The Mutineer figures have loads of character, which is ideal for the Mutiny. Cheers - I will pass your kind words along.

      Delete
  4. Nice work and an excellent looking flag as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really attractive unit! Makes me want to finish mine!

    ReplyDelete