I managed to get the second part of the extension completed this afternoon. After yesterday's experience I made sure I wore an extra pair of socks when working the garage as it was pretty cold again. This part of the table doubles as my workbench and so I will now be able to get back to my basing with better lighting.
Next up I need to unpack and sort the remaining boxes from the move as I now have somewhere to put the stuff! Of course if I am lucky next weekend I may have more things to have to think about storing!
The main challenge will be coming up with a managable labelling system so I can actually find things when I need them.