I would like to thank Geordie for the nomination and for singling me out as the person responsible not only for his mental state but also for inflicting it on the internet! Seriously though, it was good of Geordie to nominate me; however, this award seems to have become something of an epidemic across the gaming blogosphere and so I am not proposing to fulfil all the conditions attached to it. I am supposed to:
- thank and link back to the blogger who nominated me for this award;
- share seven things about myself;
- nominate 10-15 other blogs for the award; and
- contact the bloggers and tell them about the award.
I have already thanked Geordie and below I will outline seven things about myself (for those who are even remotely interested!) but I don't propose to nominate any other blogs. It's not that there aren't lots of blogs I follow that deserve nomination, indeed a high proportion of these have already been nominated, but rather it's the feel that the stipulation of numbers of nominations makes this rather like a chain letter (which is something I detest).
I would also like to thank anyone who reads the ramblings I post here and most particularly those who comment - it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself!
Anyway, here are the 7 things about me:
- I was introduced to gaming through AD&D when I was a student but I only found wargaming some time afterwards;
- I still have some of the AD&D miniatures that I painted which I bought at the shop which used to be in the basement in Oxford Street about where the Virgin Megastore came and went;
- for several years I ran a BBS on Fidonet (before the internet came along);
- I don't like points systems - battles are very rarely balanced like that;
- I love rule sets which mean the troops don't always do what you tell them - for me that's part of the challenge as a commander;
- I haven't bought a boardgame for over a year (because I don't have any space to store any more) but seem to always find space for more figures; and
- Wargaming helped me learn how not to be a sore loser (and believe me I used to be)!